Thariena

Anna Dressed in Blood

goodreads.com

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Carlien has read 15 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Carlien has read 32 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

May Book Haul (Bookhaul #1)

I thought I'd start my booklikes with a Bookhaul. But I didn't realize that I'd bought so many books this month! (And there are even more on the way) I don't know if I should scream or do a dance because I've bought so many.

The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

These books are the first Brandon Sanderson books that I've bought. I've heard a lot of about them around Booktube lately and Book 1: The Final Empire has a 4.38 star rating on Goodreads.

So I thought I'd give them a try. And they are amazing!

I've read book 1 and 2 so far. And I love them. The way magic works in this world is very different and interesting and the main character en main side characters are great.

It also doesn't hurt that the covers are really nice. Black and white with the omnious mists.

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

I wanted to pick this book up for quite some time and I finally did it. It's my first Rainbow Rowell book. Which seems to be quite the trend in my bookhaul. A lot of first books from authors for me.

I've heard and read a lot of great reviews. And the first 2 sentences of the synopsis made me be certain that I wanted this book:

Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

This book was one of the first books that I'd marked as to read on Goodreads. And I've finally bought it. I was really in the mood for a darker book. And throughout the whole book there are these weird pictures of peculiar children. I love the idea of pictures enhancing the story line.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

I've read Coraline by Neil Gaiman before. But that was on my kindle so this is the first Neil Gaiman book that I own. I haven't read it yet and I don't know a lot about the book.

I occasionally like to read a book without knowing much about it, and thus reading it open minded without having a lot of expectations. That really seems to suit this book. I'll see if I'm right.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

A classic in the English literature. I'm planning to read some more classics and this is one of them. I've heard a lot about it and I can't wait to read it.

Waiting for Wednesday and Thursday's Children by Nicci French

I've read book 1 and 2 in the Frieda Klein series and I really enjoyed them. When I finally got around to picking up book 3: Waiting for wednesdays, I realized that book 4 was also already available. So I picked them both up.

The only downside is is that my copy of waiting for wednesdays smaller is than my copies of Thuesday's Gone and Thursday's Children. I'll have to live with my covers not matching in height. Grrrrr.

The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks

I've read a part of the first book: The Way of Shadows on my kindle. But I enjoyed it a lot and I decided to buy the whole series when I found them quite cheap. I'm really happy with my kindle, but I still prefer to read a book where I can flip the pages.

This was my first bookhaul and my first article. I hope you enjoyed it, even though it was quite long. Let me know what you think. Do you prefer more short articles or just one long article?

I hope you forgive all my grammer mistakes, but I hope to improve when I write more.

I plan to do some reviews in the near future. Let me know if you have a preference for one of the books above.