Thariena

Anna Dressed in Blood

goodreads.com

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Carlien has read 15 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Carlien has read 32 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

#TBRtakedown Readathon, wrap up

I participated in the #TBRtakedown Readathon this week and it was a lot of fun. It was also the first Readathon I've ever done.

The Readathon was created by Shannon from leaninglights. Here's the link to her video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ix0n5x1DSI&feature=youtu.be

There were 5 challenges you could complete during the Readathon:

Challenge #1 A book that's been on your TBR shelf over a year: A.S. King - The Dust of a 100 Dogs.

I bought this book June last year. I've always wanted to read it, but I kept reading other books first. So I've finally read it and I loved it.

Challenge #2 An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf: Yuki Midorikawa - Natsume's Book of Friends volume 18.

This is my favourite manga and I got this volume in the mail this week. I had to read it immediately.

Challenge #3 A first book in a series on your TBR shelf: Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and Bone.

I've had this book for a long time and I kind of lost my interest in it. But I'm happy I've read it, because I liked it more than I thought I would.

Challenge #4 An "out of your comfort zone" book on le TBR shelf: John Steinbeck - The Moon is Down.

I usually avoid books that are about the Second World War, but I really liked this one.

Challenge #5 A book from your most recent book haul: Astrid Lindgren - Pippi Longstocking.

I got this book in the end of May and I was really excited to read it, because I loved Pippi Longstocking as a child.

I never thought I would be able to read 5 books this week. Perhaps it was because all books were quite short and fast paced. But the biggest reason was that I really liked all the books I've read. I was pleasantly surprised by most of them.